Delete photos from My Photo Stream

You can delete photos from My Photo Stream on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Mac.

What happens when y'all delete photos

When you delete a photo from My Photo Stream, information technology will exist deleted from the My Photo Stream view on all your supported devices after you connect each device to Wi-Fi or via ethernet.

When you remove photos from My Photograph Stream, the following types of photo won't be deleted:

  • Photos that you've copied to the Library tab or Recents Album on your iOS device
  • Photos that you've imported into the Photos app
  • Photos that y'all've copied into a binder on your PC that aren't part of My Photograph Stream

Afterwards you've deleted a photo, you may still see it on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch if it's more than xxx days old and you lot have fewer than one,000 photos in My Photo Stream.

Delete photos

Use the steps beneath to delete photos from My Photo Stream.

On your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch on

  1. Open the Photos app.
  2. Tap the Albums tab.
  3. Tap My Photo Stream.
  4. Tap Select.
  5. Tap one or more than photos. Yous'll encounter a tick on the photos that you lot select.
  6. Tap the Bin button. Tap Delete [number] Photos.

On your Mac

  1. Open the Photos app.
  2. Click the My Photograph Stream album in the sidebar.
  3. Click the photos that you want to delete.
  4. Go to Image in the menu bar > Remove [number] Photos from Album.

You tin too click the photograph, right-click, then select Delete Photograph.

If you can't see My Photo Stream

Make certain your device meets the minimum arrangement requirements for My Photo Stream and that My Photo Stream is turned on for each device:

  • On your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch on, tap Settings > [your proper noun] > iCloud > Photos. If you're using iOS 10.ii or earlier, tap Settings > iCloud > Photos.
  • On your Mac, open the Photos app, then choose Photos > Preferences > iCloud.
  • On your Apple TV, select Settings > Users and Accounts > [default user].
  • On your PC, open iCloud for Windows, click Photos or Photograph Stream, then click the Options push.

If My Photo Stream isn't turned on, delete photos from the Photos app instead.

Information nigh products not manufactured by Apple, or independent websites not controlled or tested by Apple tree, is provided without recommendation or endorsement. Apple assumes no responsibleness with regard to the selection, operation or use of third-party websites or products. Apple makes no representations regarding 3rd-political party website accuracy or reliability. Contact the vendor for additional information.

Published Date: